Hey there, it’s Melissa again and this time I want to talk about the modifications I recently made to the sleeves on the kids’ Discoverer Tee. This pattern is one both of my kids' love. This last time, my son asked for some different sleeves, so of course, I wanted to help him make it happen.
We had part of a panel leftover and part of a coordinating print to use for the upper arms on each sleeve and then the main print to use for the lower part of the sleeves. I used the amount of fabric I had left from the smaller scraps to determine where I would be color blocking the sleeve. In this case, it was a little lower than the short sleeve cut, I decided to fold the pattern piece and make it easy to see for each sleeve. I added ¼” seam allowance to the bottom. I then used the lower arm section of the same piece and added ¼” to the top of that piece.
After cutting the two pieces and ensuring I had ¼” seam allowance to connect the pieces, I sewed them together.
After this, you follow the same directions in the tutorial on connecting the sleeves to the bodice, sewing the side seams and hemming.
Here is the modeled finished product.
Wonderful idea and an excellent finish . Love it ☺