The Take a Break Lunch Bag Pattern is incredibly versatile – perfect for work, trips, and school! It works for everyone - grown-ups, kiddos, and those who love toting their lunch. Plus, it's got plenty of room for drinks, sandwiches, snacks, and more! And don't forget the insulation which keeps your meal cool, or toasty if you prefer. With the optional pockets, you can customize this bag to your heart's content.
This pattern features:
- Optional Exterior & Interior Slip Pockets;
- Optional Exterior & Interior Zipper Pockets;
- A large insulated compartment to store your food & drinks (insulation layer can be omitted);
- A tutorial on how to add rivets to the fabric;
- Letter, A4, A0 Print, and Projector Files;
- Photo Instructions and a Video Tutorial.
Sewing Techniques You'll Learn:
Master the basics to construct the perfect lunch bag! We'll show you how to sew the bag, zip it up, add pockets, and more. Let your imagination run wild to put together a tote unlike any other - with clear steps, pics, and a video guide, you'll make a fashionable lunch bag tailored to your taste!
This is a digital PDF Sewing Pattern. It is NOT a paper pattern. You will be able to instantly download this pattern from your email or account order history.
This lunch bag measures approximately 10" wide by 8" tall by 4.5" deep when completed (25,4cm x 20,3cm x 11,4cm).
This Bag is designed to be made using medium to heavy-weight woven fabrics for the Main Pieces and medium-weight woven fabric for the Lining Pieces. Although we advise using easy to clean Exterior fabrics and leak-proof Interior fabrics, you can sew this bag with fabrics that don't have these characteristics as well.
Fabric Suggestions for an Exterior that you can wipe clean:
- Ripstop Nylon
- Waterproof Canvas
- Quilting cotton with an added layer of Fusible Vinyl (for example Pellon® 100 Vinyl Fuse/Odicoat or Heat & Bond Liquid Vinyl)
Fabric Suggestions for a leak proof Interior:
- Waterproof Canvas
- Water Repellent Polyester
Brand Examples: Bosal Poly-Therm Heat Reflective Fleece or Insul-Bright Insulated Lining. To lock the insulation to the interior pieces a product like Pellon Wonder Under Fusible Web/Pellon Fuse n Shape (double sided)/ Heat and Bond Ultra Hold is being used.
Depending on the fabric that you use for the main and liner pieces, you can use one sided fusible fleece or medium weight interfacing for the exterior pieces (0.35 yards).
- Three #5 zippers in lengths: 7.5", 8", 20"(19cm/ 20,5cm/ 51cm)
- Seatbelt Webbing (34"(46cm) total, 1 1/4" (3cm) width)
- 1.9 yards (1,73 meters) double folded bias tape (0.5" (1,25cm) width) or 1.9 yards (1,73 meters) Fold Over Elastic (1" width)
When you want to sew a bag that is non-insulated, you can add one sided fusible foam to the exterior pieces (0.35 yards, instead of interfacing) and skip adding the insulating layer to the interior pieces (you don't need the materials listed under the Insulating Layer Heading).
Pattern pieces for all parts
A0 Print Shop Pattern Pieces Option
Fabric Requirements Chart
Tips and Notes
Table of contents
Pattern Piece Diagram
Step-by-step instructions. Each step has a color photo for visual aid.
Join Me On Facebook:
Join me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/pdfellieandmacsewingpattern for new pattern releases coming soon.
This pattern is copy written.
You may use this pattern to create and sell bags of your own. Giving credit to the pattern when selling would be appreciated, but not required.
You may not edit or recreate this pattern to sell.
You can not distribute this pattern to others.
You may not mass produce this pattern or clothing made using it.
I want you to love what you make and have fun making it.
- This pattern is copyrighted. You may use this pattern to create and sell products of your own. Giving credit to the pattern when selling would be appreciated, but not required.
- You may not edit or recreate this pattern to sell.
- You can not distribute this pattern to others.
- You may not mass produce this pattern or clothing made using it.
Great pattern with amazing video and directions. It is a good size for small kids to adults.
I made one to carry as a Halloween purse. I did need Diana's video to help me through construction, but it came together nicely and looks so cute. Fun design.
I love the pattern. The size is perfect. I’m not happy with the bias band on the inside. But that is personal preference. Next I’ll make like the duffle bag!
This pattern is wonderful and can be used for so much more the just my lunch. I’ve added a shoulder strap. Which is not useful. The bag turns upside down.
This is the perfect size lunch box! It is easy to customize and the combination of the video and the written instructions make it fairly easy to put together.