The Store & Go Crossbody Bag is the ultimate multi-functional bag pattern.
This sewing pattern will allow you to conveniently store and carry your yoga mats, gift wrap tubes, sewing patterns, tripods, and more.
It is easy to sew, even for beginners, and has so many uses!
We’ve included two bag sizes - Thick and Thin. The sizes are based on the rolled up widths of yoga /exercise mats. The thin one is wide enough to store a thin yoga mat, and the thick one to store a thick exercise mat.
- Built-in mesh side panel to allow for airflow
- Zippered pocket to store small extras like keys, phone, money, etc.
- Adjustable strap for ease of carrying on the shoulder or across the body
- Top drawstring closure
Ideas on uses for this handy crossbody bag:
- Yoga Mat Bag
- Gift Wrap Storage Tube Bag
- Camera Tripod Bag
- Fold Up Chair Bag
- Beach Day Towel Bag
- Reusable Grocery Bag
- Lego Storage Bag
Sky’s the limit! What will you use this bag for?
Sewing Techniques You’ll Learn:
How to finish bag seams professionally, how to create a drawstring casing, how to sew strapping, and how to install bag hardware.
This PDF sewing pattern comes in two sizes (finished height x width x depth):
- Thin Bag: 27.5" x 6.4" x 6.4" (70cm x 16.25cm x 16.25cm)
- Thick Bag: 27.5" x 8.5" x 8.5" (70cm x 21.5cm x 21.5cm)
Depending on the purpose of the bag, you can use different woven fabric types. Use waterproof nylon/canvas fabric with non-stretch mesh when using the bag to store or carry a yoga/exercise mat. The mesh fabric promotes airflow and decreases drying time of your yoga /exercise mat. For other purposes any mid-to-heavy weight woven fabric can be used. Examples are: Quilting Cotton, Denim, Faux Leather, Canvas, Waterproof Canvas or Nylon, and Outdoor Fabrics.
Hardware and Other Materials:
- Synthetic or Cotton Webbing
- D-ring (1)
- Slide Adjuster (1)
- Round Cord Elastic or Round Cord
- Cord Lock
- Optional Grommet
- Optional Fusible Interfacing for Grommet Support
- 6 or 7.5” /15.25 or 19cm Zipper for Closure
- Two sizes: Thin or Thick
- Adjustable Shoulder Strap Length
- Exterior Zipper Pocket that Fits a Phone
- Drawstring Closure
- Breathable Mesh Side Panel
- No trim pattern pages for quick and easy assembly
- Pattern pieces for all parts
- Projector File
- A0 Print Shop Pattern Pieces Option
- Fabric Requirements Chart
- Size Chart
- Tips and Notes
- Table of contents
- Pattern Piece Diagram
- Printing Instructions
- Supply List
- Step-by-step instructions. Each step has a color photo for visual aid.
Join Ellie and Mac on Facebook:
Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/pdfellieandmacsewingpattern for new pattern releases coming soon.
- This pattern is copy written. You may use this pattern to create and sell products of your own. Giving credit to the pattern when selling would be appreciated, but not required.
- You may not edit or recreate this pattern to sell.
- You can not distribute this pattern to others.
- You may not mass produce this pattern or clothing made using it.
Easy sew used for my wallpaper storage
I have not made it yet but I will soon. The pattern is easy to understand and easy to put together.
My daughter had asked me for a bag to fit a lighting stand for her work in the film industry. Then E&M issued this pattern which I adapted by lengthening the large size, the diameter was fine. A lovely pattern
to sew. She is delighted with her extra strong camo bag which is currently on location in Tenerife!
This pattern was so easy to sew and I am so pleased with the finished product! I plan to make a few more bags to hold other things because it was such a great pattern!