The Kid's Color-Block My Way Hoodie & Top Sewing Pattern is the sweater to color block to the max! Go for the 80's style with solid front and color block sleeves, or get your scraps and make hoodies or sweaters with big pockets and fun color block options. Be creative and get your fabric ready!
This is a digital PDF Sewing Pattern. It is NOT a paper pattern. This pattern is downloadable immediately after purchase.
This PDF sewing pattern comes in 3 size charts, each with their own files:
Sapphire Chart: 4S-18S
Ruby Size Chart: 12/18 months - big kid 18
Emerald Size Chart: 4E - 18E
How to determine which size (chart) to use:
- Take measurements of your models chest, waist and hip and height.
- Look first at the Ruby Size Chart, you can use this chart when your model has the waist/hip in the same size as or 1 size above/below the height size. When your model has the waist/hip size 2 sizes or more below the height size in the Ruby Chart, your model fits into the Sapphire Chart. When your model has the waist/hip size 2 sizes or more above the height size in the Ruby Chart, your model fits into the Emerald Chart.
- Use the files that your model fits into.
This pattern is designed to be made using all kinds of Sweater fabrics, Jogging, Ponte, French Terry, Scuba, heavy Cotton Lycra, etc. with a minimum of 25% horizontal stretch. Vertical stretch is less important- except for the bands and cuffs. They need to be a 50% 4-way stretch knit fabric with good recovery.
Wrap around hood or neckband
Three different front options: solid and two or three pieced color-block.
Solid or Color-Blocked Sleeves
A huge front pocket or inseam pockets
Multiple sleeve length options
Available in 3 size charts: the Sapphire, Ruby & Emerald Size Chart
No trim pattern pages for quick and easy assembly.
Layers printing feature is included for this pattern for your convenience.
Print at Home Pattern pieces for all parts
Projector File with Layers
Copy Shop A0 File
Fabric Requirements Chart
Tips and Notes
Table of contents
Pattern Piece Diagram
Step-by-step instructions. Each step has a color photo for visual aid.
Join Me On Facebook:
Join me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/pdfellieandmacsewingpattern for new pattern releases coming soon.
This pattern is copy written.
You may use this pattern to create and sell clothing of your own. Giving credit to the pattern when selling would be appreciated, but not required.
You may not edit or recreate this pattern to sell.
You can not distribute this pattern to others.
You may not mass produce this pattern or clothing made using it.
I want you to love what you make and have fun making it.
- This pattern is copy written. You may use this pattern to create and sell products of your own. Giving credit to the pattern when selling would be appreciated, but not required.
- You may not edit or recreate this pattern to sell.
- You can not distribute this pattern to others.
- You may not mass produce this pattern or clothing made using it.
Great pattern east to follow
Easy to follow instructions and great pattern for scrap busting. Made a size 10 Ruby for my 9 year old nephew and it fitted well. Great that there are lots of options and three different fit types.
I used this to make a baby shark costume and it is so cute!
I just finished the 2 piece front version with collar and long sleeves. Easy to sew and turned out cute. I will definitely be making more in different configurations! And I LOVE that this pattern came in different size "types". Please issue more of those!!
It is simply straight forward sew, easy to follow instruction and so many choices to make a top just with one pattern.
Kids Color-Block My Way Hoodie & Top
So satisfying to sew, so far I've made 4 with many more planned.. my son loves them, so happy with it, thank you 😊
Kids Color-Block My Way Hoodie & Top