*Please log in to your account before adding any items to your cart so our system can prevent any duplicate purchases.
South Shore Romper Pattern (adult's)
The South Shore Romper PDF Sewing Pattern is so comfortable, you will not want to take it off! It features optional side seam pockets, four sleeve options, and shorts, capri, or full-length pants options! You will love that you can make this for all seasons!
This PDF sewing pattern comes in sizes XXS - 5XL
This pattern is drafted to our curvy size chart (based on the female body type).
This romper is designed to be made using 50%, four way stretch knit fabrics.
Wrap front romper style
Tank, short, 3/4, long and bell sleeve options
Shorts, capri, or full length pants options
Optional side seam pockets
No trim pattern pages
Layers printing feature is included for this pattern for your convenience.
Pattern pieces for all parts
Projector File with Layers
A0 Print Shop Pattern Pieces Option
French & English Instructions
Fabric Requirements Chart
Tips and Notes
Table of contents
Pattern Piece Diagram
Step-by-step instructions. Each step has a color photo for visual aid.
Join Me On Facebook:
Join me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/pdfellieandmacsewingpattern for new pattern releases coming soon.
This pattern is copy written.
You may use this pattern to create and sell dresses of your own. Giving credit to the pattern when selling would be appreciated, but not required.
You may not edit or recreate this pattern to sell.
You can not distribute this pattern to others.
You may not mass produce this pattern or clothing made using it.
I want you to love what you make and have fun making it.
You can Sew Along with this pattern here:
This was my first Ellie and Mac pattern and my first time in nearly 50 years sewing stretch fabric. Legs were a little too wide for me , so I cut them down and omitted the pockets. Very easy to wear will be making more.
This romper went together so easily, I did some adjustments for a longer waist and shorter crotch depth,( thanks to the video on elli and mac)
and made 2 pairs of shorts, that I really love. I just found some knit on the wally world clearance table to make 2 long pants that I am sure I will get a ton of wear out of in the fall and winter!
First of all, I have been loving all the fun patterns, instruction and videos from Ellie &Mac. This rompers might be my favorite though! Here are my pro tips after making 7 of these.
* the clear elastic adjustment to bring in the shorts/pants waist is fantastic. If you don't have clear elastic, I've had excellent results using soft elastic like lingerie or foldover elastic too.
* using a stretch or jersey needle is critical.
* the arm are a little snug, another review mentioned this as a caution to muscular ladies and I have found this to be very true. Even if you don't have big guns I highly suggest increasing the armhole opening a little and cutting (esp the shoulder portion)of the sleeves a little bigger.
* add length onto the bottom portion of the bodice front and back piece. I added 1.5 inches onto the length at the bottom edge of these 2 pattern pieces. Otherwise I had a wedgie and the top wrapover part was accidentally sexy .
* if you have thin fabric, it looks really nice if you double up the top layers. So double layer just the bodice front and back and it won't be so see throughish. Shorts/pants are blousey enough to get away with one fabric layer.
This shorts rompers is SEW comfortable and I get compliments every time I wear one of these rompers. Perfect travel item too!
This is a great pattern. Easy to make and good fit and very comfy. It’s my go to for a romper. Highly recommend.
I am a comfortable beginner. The South Shore Romper was my first attempt at a romper. I lengthened the bodice 2” as I am 5’10”. When I tried it on the crouch was way low. I shortened the bodice, made a few adjustments and it fit beautifully. I wore it to a party and got many compliments. Love the pattern.